RELEASE — As Utilities Kingston suspends non-critical programs and services, the utility company reassures its customers: we will continue to provide the level of reliable water, wastewater, natural gas, electricity and broadband networking services that you expect from us.
Suspending non-critical programs and services is part of Utilities Kingston’s business continuity plan to ensure the ongoing reliability of core utility services, and effective response to utility emergencies.
“By reassuring our customers that they can continue to rely on our water, wastewater, natural gas, electricity and broadband networking services, we hope to relieve some hardship for our community,” says president and CEO Jim Keech. “The ongoing reliability of core utility services, and the health and safety of our employees, remains our top priority.”
Utilities Kingston is taking the necessary steps so you can continue to rely on the following:
- Safe, quality drinking water.
- Environmentally-sound collection and treatment of wastewater.
- Safe and reliable gas services in central Kingston.
- Reliable electricity services in central Kingston, CFB Kingston and Barriefield Village.
- Operation of more than 10,000 street lights and traffic signals at 200 intersections.
- Fibre-optic broadband networking services.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact customer service, Monday to Friday, from 8 AM to 5 PM, by calling 613-546-0000.