RELEASE — Utilities Kingston is providing an update on the water and sewer project on Front Road and King Street West:
- Utilities Kingston assumed care and control of the King Street West and Front Road corridor, as of October 23.
- The utility company has retained R.W. Tomlinson Limited to complete the temporary remedial works required to open the road sections fully to regular traffic flow.
- Tomlinson is expected to start restoration works by November 21.
- The scheduled completion date is prior to the end of December 2022.
- Follow @utilitieskngstn on Twitter for updates on traffic disruptions.
Utilities Kingston and Tomlinson remain committed to restoring the roadway as quickly and safely as possible and will keep the community informed on progress.
Utilities Kingston anticipates the project will restart in the spring of 2023. The plans will include feedback received from community members at an information that took place in September. A second information session will be held following a resumption of the project, to provide community members with an update and timelines.
About the project
This project will redirect sewage from the Portsmouth Pumping Station and interconnect a trunk water main. It is expected to save energy, reduce sewer overflows, create capacity to support downtown development, and improve operations and system performance. The current phase of the project, Phase 2A, affects areas along Front Road and King Street West from Sand Bay Lane (Front Road bridge) to Country Club Drive.
Safe traffic flow is a priority
- Due to the narrow lanes, this is a “Shared Lane” and “No Passing” Zone. Please do not pass cyclists in this reduced lane area.
- The construction zone has been posted as 40 kph.
- Reduce your speed when encountering cyclists.
- Leave a safe following distance should a cyclist need to stop suddenly.
Learn more at UtilitiesKingston.com
Release: Utilities Kingston