RELEASE — Over the past few weeks, the Township has been preparing for the eventual reopening of its administrative offices to the public. Last week the Ontario Government announced
it would move to Stage 2 of its gradual approach to reopening the Province.
As a result of this announcement, the Township of South Frontenac will reopen its offices to coincide with the reopening of most other places of business. Effective Monday June 22nd, 2020 at 8:00 am, the Township will reopen its office doors in the Village of Sydenham and on Keeley Road to the public.
“The past few months has required Council and staff to think and operate differently when it comes to the safety of our community and staff,” stated Mayor Vandewal. “I am proud of our dedicated staff and the level of service we have been able to provide during this difficult time, but I am also eager to regain some type of normalcy and begin providing customers with in-person service once again.”
The following steps are being taken to ensure we all remain safe and that our staff and facilities are prepared for the public’s return:
– The Township will continue to accept inquiries through its website or by telephone or email in order to minimize risk to customers and employees. The Township encourages the use of these channels whenever possible.
– When accessing Township offices, customers will be expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Ensure you do not feel ill or exhibit any symptoms related to the novel coronavirus, COVID-19.
- Follow the posted line queuing protocols & social distancing floor decals.
- Only one (1) customer can enter at a time, to a maximum of two (2) people per household.
- Debit or cheques are the preferred form of payment during this time.
- The drop-box at the front door continues to be available to drop off applications and payments.
– Offices are open to the public for typical transactions such as submitting applications, processing payments, and answering standard questions; however, patrons are asked to make an appointment for any inquiries or transactions that will require a greater amount of staff time or attention. This ensures staff availability and preparedness, and prevents longer lineups.
– Where close contact between staff and the public may occur, Township staff may wear additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure the safety of all individuals present.
– Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of Township offices has been underway for many weeks and will continue into the future.
During this time, all other Township indoor facilities will remain closed to the public until further notice. The Township continues to follow all provincial emergency orders and guidelines in the reopening and operation of its facilities.
As businesses and workplaces reopen and Ontario residents come out of isolation, we must work together to maintain the excellent results this region has achieved in combating the spread of COVID-19. The Township thanks all residents in advance for following these important guidelines when visiting our offices.
The Township is committed to balancing community needs with the safety of its residents and employees in its approach to the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information regarding the Townships response to COVID-19 please visit www.southfrontenac.net.
Release: Township of South Frontenac – Sydenham, Ontario
Map source: Google