RELEASE — The Remembrance Day Civic Ceremony will be observed in person on Friday, Nov. 11 at the Cross of Sacrifice located in MacDonald Park (King Street East and George Street). The public is invited to watch the laying of the wreaths before the service should they wish.
The City’s 2022 Civic Ceremony will be in French and English, have seating available for veterans and people with disabilities, and an ASL interpreter will be present.
- 9:15 a.m. Community Wreath Laying Ceremony
- 10:15 a.m. Veterans and Military Groups Wreath Laying Ceremony
- 10:45 a.m. The Civic Ceremony
While the proceedings will no longer be livestreamed, YourTV from Cogeco will film the ceremony, with plans to broadcast the event on channels 13 and 700 at 2 p.m., 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 11.
Ways to remember and honour on Remembrance Day:
- Observe 2 minutes of silence at 11 a.m.
- Watch the recorded broadcasts on YourTV
- Attend the Civic Ceremony in person
- Purchase a wreath or poppy from the Royal Canadian Legion. To order a wreath please contact Merrill Gooderham, Poppy Chair, Royal Canadian Legion at 613-544-5522.
Municipal service changes
Here are the City schedule changes for Friday, Nov. 11:
- Garbage, Green Bin and Recycling: There is no collection on Nov. 11. Regular Friday collection will be moved to Saturday, Nov.12. Sign up to receive collection reminders by phone, push notification, or email.
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre (KARC): Closed on Friday. KARC will be open Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Administrative Offices: All administrative offices, including Housing and Social Services and Provincial Offences, will be closed.
- Kingston Transit: Buses run as usual. Plan your bus trip with Google Transit: KingstonTransit.ca/TripPlanner.
- Kingston Access Bus: Buses run as usual.
- Artillery Park Aquatic Centre, INVISTA Centre/ Fitness & Wellness Centre, Rideau Heights Community Centre, Kingston East Community Centre and arenas: Open.
- Swimming lessons and drop-in programming: City of Kingston programs at the West-end Boys & Girls Club will continue as usual.
- CaraCo Home Field: Closed.
- Libraries: All branches of the Kingston Frontenac Public Library will be open.
- Kingston Grand Theatre: Open.
- Utilities Kingston: Open.
- PumpHouse Museum: Closed.