RELEASE — With key health care indicators starting to show signs of improvement, the Ontario government announced the gradual easing of public health measures, starting on January 31, 2022.
As a result of these announcements, administrative offices in Sydenham at 4432 George Street, and at 2490 Keeley Rd., will reopen to the public Monday, January 31, 2022, at 8:00 am.
The following steps are being taken to ensure residents and staff remain safe while the Township continues to provide municipal services and programs.
Service Delivery Reminders
- The Township will continue to accept inquiries through its website, by telephone, email, or front door drop box in order to minimize risk to customers and employees. The Township encourages the use of these channels whenever possible.
- Patrons will be required to wear a mask when entering the building and are asked to self-screen for symptoms and follow posted protocols when accessing Township facilities. Should a patron enter a facility without a mask, they will be asked to leave.
- Patrons are asked to make an appointment for inquiries or transactions that will require a greater amount of staff time or attention. This ensures staff availability and prevents longer lineups.
- Property tax and utility bill payments can continue to be made via online banking, credit card, telephone banking, mail, or by leaving a cheque in the drop box located at 4432 George St., in Sydenham. Payments in other departments can be made via cheque in the mail or at the Township’s drop box, should residents prefer a contactless payment option.
- Building Inspectors will resume inspections within occupied dwellings and continue to screen for COVID-19 symptoms at the time inspections are booked AND again when inspectors arrive on site.
- The Frontenac Community Arena will reopen January 31, 2022, and resume regularly scheduled ice times.
While outdoor facilities remain available for public use, Township owned indoor rental facilities will temporarily remain closed until staff can update COVID-19 safety protocols. Provincial measures as of January 31, 2022, permit social gatherings of up to 10 people indoors and 25 people outdoors.
Release: Township of South Frontenac