RELEASE — Kingston Transit will be adjusting service beginning Monday, May 25 to better support the needs of riders making essential trips. Service changes include:
- expanded service hours from approximately 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. on select routes including routes 501, 502, 601, 602, 701, 702, 1, and 7.
- increased service frequency from approximately 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on select routes including 501, 502, 701, 702, 801, 802, 1, 4, and 7.
- addition of two temporary routes, routes 1A and 3A, to provide additional service in areas with higher passenger demand.
Updated schedules are available online at KingstonTransit.ca/Schedules. Riders can also plan their trips using Google Maps, TransitApp, or Moovit.
Kingston Transit reminds riders that bus capacity remains limited and transit should be used for essential trips only.
To limit the spread of COVID-19, Kingston Transit continues to:
- ensure increased sanitizing practices on all common touch points aboard buses.
- ask riders, whenever possible, to board and exit buses using the back doors.
- assist passengers with lost and found and trip planning service by phone at 613-546-0000 or online at CityofKingston.ca/ContactUs.
Keep up to date on the City’s COVID-19 safety precautions at CityofKingston.ca/COVID-19.