RELEASE — Starting today, and until Aug. 9, residents can complete a 2022 budget survey that will provide input to the City on service levels and program priorities, taxation and user fees and pandemic recovery strategies. The City will also be offering a series of virtual budget sessions and hosting pop-up events in Springer Market Square to further engage residents in its budgeting process (details below).
Get Involved, Kingston!
If you would prefer to complete the survey by phone or in writing you can do so in any of the following ways:
- Request a paper copy of the survey by calling 613-546-0000. You will be provided with a postage-paid envelope.
- Complete the survey over the phone with City staff by calling 613-546-0000.
Virtual Budget Sessions
Based on feedback received through last year’s engagement, the City will host four one-hour information sessions with a number of City departments and external agencies. These sessions will be held in an interview style, and will kick off Monday, July 5 at 5:30 p.m.
- Recreation and Leisure Services – July 5, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. RSVP
- Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority – July 12, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. RSVP
- Kingston Police – July 19, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. RSVP
- Housing and Social Services – July 26, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. RSVP
All sessions will include an overview of the department or agency’s services and service levels, current priorities and initiatives, and funding sources, and will provide opportunities for questions, discussion and feedback from participants. Sessions will be live streamed to the City’s YouTube channel, closed captioned and moderated by City Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer, Desiree Kennedy and Director of Financial Services, Lana Foulds.
Come see us at the Market!
Learn more about the City’s budgets by attending a pop-up event! Staff from the Financial Services Department will be at Springer Market Square on July 24 and Aug. 5, starting at 8:30 a.m.