RELEASE — City of Kingston and Utilities Kingston services and facilities will be affected by the holidays as outlined below.
Christmas and New Year’s Holiday Green Bin, Garbage and Recycling Schedule
There is no collection on Monday, Dec. 26 (Boxing Day) or Monday, Jan. 2, 2023 (New Year’s Day). Collection occurs the day after your regular collection day. Sign up to receive collection reminders by phone, push notification or email.
Kingston Area Recycling Centre (KARC): The recycling depot and yard waste site is closed Dec. 26 and Jan. 2. Reduced recycling depot hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. will be in place Tuesday, Dec. 27. The administration office will be closed from Dec. 23 to 27 and Jan. 2, 2023. Real Christmas trees (ornaments and tinsel removed) can be dropped off free-of-charge at KARC, 196 Lappan’s Lane.
Two-Untagged Bag Reminder: Your household can put out two untagged bags or cans of garbage for your first collection day after New Year’s Day (the two-bag collection days are Jan. 3 – 7).
Kingston Transit Schedule
Plan your bus trip at Kingston Transit.
* Christmas Eve, Dec. 24 – Regular service.
* Christmas Day, Dec. 25 – No service.
* Boxing Day, Dec. 26 – Sunday service.
* New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31 – Regular service.
* New Year’s Day, Jan. 1 – No service.
Kingston Access Bus Services Schedule
* Christmas Eve, Dec. 24 – Regular on-road service and hours. Office closes at 6 p.m.
* Christmas Day, Dec. 25 – No on-road service. Office closed.
* Boxing Day, Dec. 26 – Limited on-road service, regular hours. Office open 7:30 to 11 a.m.
* Dec. 27 – Limited on-road service, regular hours. Office open 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31 – Regular on-road service and hours. Office closes at 6 p.m.
* New Year’s Day, Jan. 1 – No on-road service. Office closed.
* Jan. 2 – Limited on-road service, regular hours. Office open 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Municipal Office/Facilities Schedules
* Administrative offices, including housing and social services on Montreal Street: Closed Dec. 23 to 27 and Jan. 2, 2023.
* Provincial Offences Court at 362 Montreal St. will be closed from Dec. 23 to 27, reopening on Wednesday, Dec. 28. Closed on Monday, Jan. 2, 2023.
* Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed at noon beginning on Dec. 23 and remaining closed until Dec. 27. The office will close again at noon on Dec. 30 and remain closed until Jan. 2, 2023. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call the Utilities Kingston 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. Hydro One electricity customers in the west and east ends can call 1-800-434-1235. Enbridge customers can call 1-877-969-0999. Reminder for customers on time-of-use pricing: for electricity used on weekends and holidays, prices are off-peak.
* Kingston Frontenac Public Library branches: Closed Dec. 24 to 27 and Dec. 31 to Jan. 2. The Kingston Secondary School library kiosk will be closed Dec. 23 to Jan. 6. The library’s digital collections can be accessed 24/7 at www.kfpl.ca.
* Recreation Facilities: On Dec. 31, all facilities close at 4 p.m. other than INVISTA Centre, which will be open until 9 p.m. for the K-Town Countdown presented by Panera Bread.
* Artillery Park Aquatic Centre: Open Dec. 24 until 4p.m. Closed Dec. 25 and 26 and Jan. 1, 2023.
* INVISTA Centre: Open Dec. 24 until 4 p.m., fitness room closes at 2 p.m. Closed Dec. 25, 26, and Jan. 1, 2023
* Rideau Heights Community Centre: Open Dec. 24 until 4 p.m., closed Dec 25, 26, and Jan. 1, 2023.
* Kingston East Community Centre: Open Dec. 24 until 4 p.m., closed Dec 25, 26, and Jan 1, 2023.
* Kingston Grand Theatre Box Office: Box Office closes Saturday, Dec. 24 at 3 p.m. and reopens Wednesday, Dec. 28 at 12 p.m. The Box Office will be closed Saturday, Dec. 31 until Monday, Jan. 2, 2023, and will reopen Tuesday, Jan. 3. Tickets and gift certificates are always available online at kingstongrand.ca.
* PumpHouse Museum: Closed throughout the holiday season and will re-open Thursday, Jan. 12, 2023.
* Tett Centre: Closed to the public Dec. 23 to Jan. 3, 2023. (Check the Tett website for updates.)
Kingston Fire & Rescue reminds you: NEVER BURN wrapping paper or Christmas trees in your fireplace. They burn too hot and create creosote, which can cause chimney fires.