RELEASE — Contribute to the proposed updates to the playground in Oakridge Park (*across Sir John A. Blvd from Richardson Stadium). Residents are invited to attend an interactive virtual meeting where staff will introduce the project.
Planned improvements include:
- Relocating the playground to the north side of the park.
- Combining the playground areas so that all play equipment is located on a single pad of safety surfacing.
- Replacing aging play equipment.
- Installing new safety surfacing.
- Installing accessible bench seating.
Two options for the playground design will be presented and residents will be asked to choose their preferred option. Feedback may be provided at the meeting and/or in an upcoming Get Involved Kingston survey.
Get involved, Kingston!
Residents can offer feedback on the playgrounds in the following ways:
- Register to participate in the virtual engagement session 7 to 7:45 p.m. on Monday, April 12. You will receive a registration confirmation by email with a link to the webinar. If you wish to follow along, the meeting will be closed captioned and live streamed on the City of Kingston YouTube channel.
- To participate in the session by phone, call 613-546-4291 ext. 1900 and request the call-in number and webinar ID.
- Send your comments to the Project Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- From April 12 to May 3, go to Get Involved Kingston to view the project plans and complete a 2 minute survey to let staff know which playground layout and equipment option you prefer. A paper copy of the survey is available by calling 613-546-4291 ext. 1900.
For more information or to submit feedback on the proposed improvements please contact email@example.com. Input related to accessibility is welcome (in accordance with Ontario Regulation 191/11).
Release source: City of Kingston