Following is a list of road construction projects and events provided by the City of Kingston that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week:
Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians: review the listing of streets and related messages below for travel information of interest to you.
- Clarence Street – Ontario to King – closed Oct. 16 at 7 a.m. to Oct. 20 at 7 p.m. for the installation of a sanitary lateral.
- Elliot Avenue – Rockford to Wycliffe – closed Oct. 16 at 7 a.m. to Oct. 30 at 6 p.m. for the installation of a pedestrian crossing on Elliot Avenue.
- Queen Mary Road – Notch Hill to Greenview – closed beginning Oct. 2 for the Utilities Kingston NETS Project.
- University Avenue – Union to Earl – closed until Dec. 22 for the removal of debris from demolition and concrete deliveries at the Queen’s John Deutsch University Centre project.
- Wright Crescent – South Intersection of Palace to 16 Palace – closed until Oct. 31, 2023 for construction staging for 11 Wright Cres. Please note that access to Wright Cres. will be through the North intersection of Wright Cres. at Palace Rd.
The Chown Memorial Parking Structure Restoration project is now underway. The work will take place throughout all levels of the building, and will include efforts such as routine structural maintenance, renewal of waterproofing materials and upgrades to the building mechanical/electrical systems. The work is expected to conclude in late December.
The work will be completed in phases to allow the building to remain open to public parking for the duration of the project. Phased work areas will occupy a maximum of 40% of the available parking stalls at a time. Up to 180 spaces will be out of commission. There is parking availability at the Hanson Memorial and Robert Bruce Memorial parking garages in the two adjacent blocks to the east.
Centre 70 – Public EV charging stations at Centre 70 will be unavailable until late October 2023 due to the seasonal relocation of the sleeping cabins to this site. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.
- Bath Road – at Queen Mary – expect delays for the Utilities Kingston NETS project.
- Bayridge Drive – Woodbine to Cataraqui Woods – expect delays until Nov. 30 for Phase 1 of the Bayridge Drive cycling and pedestrian improvements.
- Dunham Street – at Dunham Park Entrance – expect delays Oct. 16 to 20 while contractors are completing intersection upgrades.
- Highway 33 – east of Collins Creek Bridge to west of Coronation Blvd. – expect delays due to construction to improve drainage. Construction barrels and flag-people will direct traffic around the work zone.
- Lancaster Drive – at Bentley Terrace – expect delays Oct. 16 to 20 while contractors are completing intersection upgrades.
- Mona Drive – at Mona and Humberside – expect delays Oct. 16 to 20 while contractors are completing intersection upgrades.
- Mona Drive – at Mona and Lynwood – expect delays Oct. 16 to 20 while contractors are completing intersection upgrades.
- Princess Street – Collins Bay to Bayridge – expect delays until Oct. 31 for the construction of new sidewalks and traffic signals along Princess Street. Please note that one lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction at all times on Princess St.
- Sir John A MacDonald Blvd – at Johnson – expect delays for the installation of a new high pressure gas line for Utilities Kingston.
- Taylor Kidd Blvd – Collins Bay to 100 metres West of Collins Creek Bridge – expect a lane closure from May 3 to Nov. 15 for the Collins Creek Bridge Rehabilitation project. Please note, Taylor Kidd will require the reduction from a two lane to a single lane roadway and the lane closures will be controlled with Temporary Traffic Signals for the duration of the project.
- Westbrook Road – Princess to Windemere – expect delays until Oct. 31 for the construction of new sidewalks and road rehabilitation.
- Clarence Street – King to Wellington – expect a sidewalk closure on the North side from Oct. 16 to 20 for construction within the British Whig Parking Lot.
- Rideau Trail – Queen Mary to Parkway – closed for crews to replace sanitary main, install shoring and build a new gravel pathway.