Following is a list of road construction projects and events provided by the City of Kingston that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week:
Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians: review the listing of streets and related messages below for travel information of interest to you.
- Alfred Street – Brock to Johnson – closed June 5 to 19 to facilitate the installation of new services on Alfred St.
- Dunkirk Avenue – Alfred to Fergus – closed until Sept. 1 for road reconstruction. Local pedestrian and traffic will be maintained during this time.
- Gore Street – Ontario to King – closed until June 9 at 5:30 p.m. for crews to facilitate sanitary sewer separation work.
- Lower Brewers Swing Bridge – closed until further notice. Parks Canada is continuing its efforts to replace26 the bridge over the winter.
- King Street – The Tragically Hip Way to Place D’Armes – closed June 2 at 12:01am to June 4 at 11:59pm for the Paw Patrol event at the Leon’s Centre.
- Sydenham Street – Queen to Princess – closed until Sept. 5 for Downtown Kingston activations.
- University Avenue – Union to Earl – closed until Dec. 22 for the removal of debris from demolition and concrete deliveries at the Queen’s John Deutsch University Centre project.
- Wright Crescent – South Intersection of Palace to 16 Palace – closed until Oct. 31, 2023 for construction staging for 11 Wright Cres. Please note that access to Wright Cres. will be through the North intersection of Wright Cres. at Palace Rd.
School Streets Initiative
Please direct questions to Kingston Coalition for Active Transportation (KCAT) at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following streets are closed from 8:40 a.m. to 9:10 a.m. and 3:20 p.m. to 3:50 p.m. weekdays until June 29, 2023:
- MacDonnell Street – Earl to Hill
- Sydenham Street – Ordnance to Colborne
Play Street Initiative
Please direct questions to Kingston Coalition for Active Transportation (KCAT) at email@example.com
The following street will be closed from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Mondays until August 28, 2023:
- Thomas Street – Cowdy to Patrick
The Chown Memorial Parking Structure Restoration project is now underway. The work will take place throughout all levels of the building, and will include efforts such as routine structural maintenance, renewal of waterproofing materials and upgrades to the building mechanical/electrical systems. The work is expected to conclude in late December.
The work will be completed in phases to allow the building to remain open to public parking for the duration of the project. Phased work areas will occupy a maximum of 33% of the available parking stalls at a time. Up to 150 spaces will be out of commission. There is parking availability at the Hanson Memorial and Robert Bruce Memorial parking garages in the two adjacent blocks to the east.
Centre 70 – Public EV charging stations at Centre 70 will be unavailable until late October 2023 due to the seasonal relocation of the sleeping cabins to this site. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.
- Hwy 15 – Gore to Rose Abbey – expect delays until June 9 to establish water and sanitary connections. Please note two lanes of traffic will be maintained at all times.
- Highway 33 – east of Collins Creek Bridge to west of Coronation Blvd. – expect delays due to construction to improve drainage. Construction barrels and flag-people will direct traffic around the work zone.
- Hughes Road – Hwy 15 to End – expect delays June 5 to June 9 for contractors to complete Surface Treatment Road Resurfacing on this section of road.
- Jackson Mills – 1859 Jackson Mills to Bur Brook – expect a lane closure June 5 to 9 for a contractor mobilizing to site and completing road and sidewalk reconstruction.
- King Street – George to Lower University – June 5 to 9 crews will be on site completing storm sewer repairs, restoring concrete walk and completing asphalt paving.
- Old Sand Hill Road/Boundary Road – Sand Hill to South Lake – expect delays June 5 to June 9 for contractors to complete Surface Treatment Road Resurfacing on this section of road.
- Patterson Road – Battersea to Mount Chesney – expect delays June 5 to June 9 for contractors to complete Surface Treatment Road Resurfacing on this section of road.
- Sandhill Road – Boundary to 3058 Sandhill – Crews will be mobilizing to site beginning May 1 to Jun. 23 to complete ditching and road resurfacing.
- Taylor Kidd Blvd – Collins Bay to 100 metres West of Collins Creek Bridge – expect a lane closure from May 3 to Nov. 15 for the Collins Creek Bridge Rehabilitation project. Please note, Taylor Kidd will require the reduction from a two lane to a single lane roadway and the lane closures will be controlled with Temporary Traffic Signals for the duration of the project.
- Woodburn Road – Hwy 15 to Joyceville – expect delays June 5 to 16 for contractors to complete Surface Treatment Road Resurfacing on this section of road.
- Rideau Trail – Queen Mary to Parkway – closed for crews to replace sanitary main, install shoring and build a new gravel pathway.
Release source: City of Kingston
Photo : AI