Following is a list of road construction projects and events provided by the City of Kingston that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week:
Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians: review the listing of streets and related messages below for travel information of interest to you.
- Armstrong Road – Bath to Kingsdale – closed May 24 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. To facilitate track and road repairs at Armstrong Road CN crossing. Access to local businesses via Kingsdale Avenue or Bath Road will be maintained.
- Dunkirk Avenue – Alfred to Fergus – closed until Sept. 1 for road reconstruction. Local pedestrian and traffic will be maintained during this time.
- Lower Brewers Swing Bridge – closed until further notice. Parks Canada is continuing its efforts to replace the bridge over the winter.
- Sydenham Street – Queen to Princess – closed until Sept. 5 for Downtown Kingston activations.
- Union Street – Division to University – closed May 24 at 6 a.m. to June 14 at 7 p.m for construction related activities involving establishment of utilities and excavation/reinstatement work associated with the Queen’s John Deutsch University Centre project. Please note that university Ave will be reopened during this time.
- University Avenue – Union to Earl – closed until Dec. 22 for the removal of debris from demolition and concrete deliveries at the Queen’s John Deutsch University Centre project.
- Wright Crescent – South Intersection of Palace to 16 Palace – closed until Oct. 31, 2023 for construction staging for 11 Wright Cres. Please note that access to Wright Cres. will be through the North intersection of Wright Cres. at Palace Rd.
School Streets Initiative
Please direct questions to Kingston Coalition for Active Transportation (KCAT) at email@example.com
The following streets are closed from 8:40 a.m. to 9:10 a.m. and 3:20 p.m. to 3:50 p.m. weekdays until June 29, 2023:
- MacDonnell Street – Earl to Hill
- Sydenham Street – Ordnance to Colborne
Play Street Initiative
Please direct questions to Kingston Coalition for Active Transportation (KCAT) at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following street will be closed from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Mondays until August 28, 2023:
- Thomas Street – Cowdy to Patrick
The Chown Memorial Parking Structure Restoration project is now underway. The work will take place throughout all levels of the building, and will include efforts such as routine structural maintenance, renewal of waterproofing materials and upgrades to the building mechanical/electrical systems. The work is expected to conclude in late December.
The work will be completed in phases to allow the building to remain open to public parking for the duration of the project. Phased work areas will occupy a maximum of 33% of the available parking stalls at a time. Up to 150 spaces will be out of commission. There is parking availability at the Hanson Memorial and Robert Bruce Memorial parking garages in the two adjacent blocks to the east.
Centre 70 – Public EV charging stations at Centre 70 will be unavailable until late October 2023 due to the seasonal relocation of the sleeping cabins to this site. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.
- Flanigan Road – Keplar to Sydenham – expect delays May 15 to June 2 for contractors to complete Surface Treatment Road Resurfacing on this section of road.
- Highway 33 – east of Collins Creek Bridge to west of Coronation Blvd. – expect delays due to construction to improve drainage. Construction barrels and flag-people will direct traffic around the work zone.
- Jackson Mills – 1859 Jackson Mills to Bur Brook – expect a lane closure May 23 to 26 for a contractor mobilizing to site and completing road and sidewalk reconstruction.
- Keplar Road – Babcock to Flanigan – expect delays May 15 to June 2 for contractors to complete Surface Treatment Road Resurfacing on this section of road.
- Lee Road – Babcock to End of Lee – expect delays May 15 to June 2 for contractors to complete Surface Treatment Road Resurfacing on this section of road.
- Louborough Drive – to Sydenham – crews will be on site May 23 to 26 to pulverize and surface treat the road.
- McKnight Road – Sibbet to End of McKnight – crews will be on site May 23 to 26 to complete surface treatment to the road surface.
- Purdy Mills Road – Purdy’s Court to Old Mill – crews will be on site May 23 to 26 to complete surface treatment to the road surface.
- Sandhill Road – Boundary to 3058 Sandhill – Crews will be mobilizing to site beginning May 1 to Jun. 23 to complete ditching and road resurfacing.
- Taylor Kidd Blvd – Collins Bay to 100 metres West of Collins Creek Bridge – expect a lane closure from May 3 to Nov. 15 for the Collins Creek Bridge Rehabilitation project. Please note, Taylor Kidd will require the reduction from a two lane to a single lane roadway and the lane closures will be controlled with Temporary Traffic Signals for the duration of the project.
- Rideau Trail – Queen Mary to Parkway – closed for crews to replace sanitary main, install shoring and build a new gravel pathway.
Release source: City of Kingston
Photo : AI