Easter holiday to affect City and Utilities Kingston schedules
City and Utilities Kingston schedules change due to the 2014 Easter holidays, from Friday April 18 to Monday April 21:
– Green Bin, garbage and recycling: There is no collection on Friday or Monday. Friday’s material will be collected that Saturday. Monday’s collection moves to Tuesday and for the rest of next week, collection occurs the day after the regular day. Never miss collection day again: go to CityofKingston.ca/collection to sign-up to receive collection reminders by phone, text or email. The City also offers a FREE “Kingston Waste” app for use on your Apple or Android device.
– Kingston Transit: Bus service will not operate on Friday. Buses run on their usual service schedules on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
– Kingston Access Services: Operates with limited service Friday and Monday. Regular service on Saturday and Sunday. Call 613-542-2512 for information.
– Kingston Area Recycling Centre: Closed Friday and Monday. Open Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
– Administrative Offices (including Community and Family Services and Housing Departments on Montreal Street and Provincial Offences): Closed Friday through Monday.
– Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Friday through Monday. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call the Utilities Kingston 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. Hydro One electricity customers in the city’s west and east ends should call 1-800-434-1235. Union Gas customers can call 1-877-969-0999.
– Libraries: All branches of the Kingston Frontenac Public Library will be closed Friday, Sunday and Monday.
– Arenas: Closed Friday and Monday. Open regular hours Saturday and Sunday.
– INVISTA Centre: Closed Monday. Open regular hours Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
– INVISTA Fitness & Wellness Centre: Closed Friday and Monday. Open regular hours on Saturday and Sunday.
– Beechgrove Complex Recreation Centre: Closed Friday and Monday. Open regular hours on Saturday and Sunday.
– Portsmouth Olympic Harbour: Closed Friday and Monday.
– Wally Elmer Youth Centre: Closed Friday and Monday.
– Grand Theatre Box Office: Closed Friday, Sunday and Monday. Open Saturday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
– MacLachlan Woodworking Museum: Closed on Friday, Sunday and Monday. Open Saturday.
– Pump House Steam Museum: Closed Friday, Sunday and Monday. Open Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (the “My Shoreline” library program runs at 2 pm).
Holiday hours for KFL&A Public Health programs and services
The schedule for some KFL&A Public Health programs and services will be modified over the Easter holiday weekend. KFL&A Public Health offices in Kingston, Napanee, Sharbot Lake, and Cloyne will be closed on Friday, April 18, 2014 and Monday, April 21, 2014. All offices will reopen with regular services and programs on Tuesday, April 22, 2014.
The Sexual Health Clinic will be closed on Thursday, April 17, 2014 due to laboratory closure on Friday, April 18, 2014 and Monday, April 21, 2014. Regular clinic hours will resume Tuesday, April 22, 2014.
MESSAGE FROM THE MAYOR: ENJOY THE LONG WEEKEND
The Easter weekend, Good Friday and Easter Monday, is fast approaching and I want to wish all Kingstonians a very enjoyable and safe long weekend with family and friends.
The Easter weekend will create some schedule changes to city services and municipal office hours. This includes Kingston Transit, which will not run on Friday but will run on the regular schedule Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
Green bin, garbage, and recycling collection will be affected with no collection on Friday or Monday. For full details on collection schedule changes and to sign-up for collection reminders by phone, text, or e-mail, visit CityofKingston.ca/collection.
Plan a picnic at a City park, go for a walk on your favorite trail or park; however you choose to spend your Easter weekend I hope you take advantage of all that our great city has to offer!
Wishing you a safe, fun and happy weekend.
Release sources: City of Kingston & Public Health KFL&A| Photo: Wikimedia Commons