Following is a list of road construction projects and events provided by the City of Kingston that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week:
Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians: review the listing of streets and related messages below for travel information of interest to you.
Traffic and pedestrian impacts this week:
- Frontenac Street – Jenkins to Princess – closed until June 27 to allow for framing, masonry and interior work for 501 Frontenac St.
- Highway 401 – at Highway 38/Gardiners Road – expect lane closures on the 401 until November 2020 and delays of up to 10 minutes nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. on the westbound 401. Ontario highway updates are offered by the Ministry of Transportation.
- Highway 33 – 240m east of Collins Creek Bridge to 185m west of Coronation Boulevard – expect delays due to construction to improve drainage. Construction barrels and flag-personnel will direct traffic around the work zone. Ontario highway updates are offered by the Ministry of Transportation.
- Jackson Mills Road – near the K&P Trail – reduced to one lane for roadside safety improvements but remains open in both directions.
- John Counter Boulevard – Princess to Indian – expect increased delays until the summer of 2021, while crews construct new four-lane road and rail overpass. Use of alternate routes is recommended. Motorists: Before you cross the rail tracks, please ensure there is sufficient space on the opposite side to allow you to cross and be fully clear of the tracks. This will prevent you from being stopped on the tracks.
- La Salle Causeway – expect short delays due to a Public Services and Procurement Canada lane closure 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on May 5. One lane will remain open in both directions and flagpeople will control traffic. The bridge will remain open to cyclists and pedestrians during this period. In case of inclement weather, the work will be done on May 6. Questions? Email: Real Property Services, Public Services and Procurement Canada.
- Taylor-Kidd Boulevard – eastbound Rockwell to Bexley – expect minor delays due to a lane closure on the south side until 5 p.m. on May 15 to accommodate installation of services for the West Village Subdivision.
Traffic-related links and messages:
- Kingston Transit detours: CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
- Daily updates: Follow @CityofKingston on Twitter.
- Ministry of Transportation updates – For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- City’s infrastructure program: CityofKingston.ca/construction.