City of Kingston and Utilities Kingston have provided the following schedule changes due to the Canada Day holiday on Monday, August 3:
- Garbage, Green Bin and recycling: There is no collection on Monday, Aug 3. For the rest of the week, collection occurs the day after your regular collection day. Sign-up to receive collection reminders by phone, text or email at CityofKingston.ca/collection. The Kingston Area Recycling Centre is also closed Monday.
- Kingston Transit: Buses will continue to run on Kingston Transit’s reduced COVID-19 pandemic schedule.
- Kingston Access Services: Operates with limited service on Monday. Call 613-542-2512 for information.
- Administrative Offices (including housing and social services on Montreal Street and Provincial Offences): Closed due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Aug. 3. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call the Utilities Kingston 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. Hydro One electricity customers in the city’s west and east ends should call 1-800-434-1235. Enbridge customers can call 1-877-969-0999. A reminder that consumers on time-of-use electricity pricing will be billed at a fixed price, which the government refers to as the COVID-19 Recovery Rate, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, until October 31.
- Artillery Park Aquatic Centre: Open as a Cooling Centre only.
- Arenas, INVISTA Centre (including Fitness & Wellness Centre), Rideau Heights Community Centre & Library: Closed due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- CaraCo Home Field: Closed Monday.
- Outdoor Aqua Park: Open.
- Splash pads: Open.
- Libraries: Closed Monday. Services and digital collections can be accessed online. Don’t have a library card? Register online.
- Portsmouth Olympic Harbour and Confederation Basin marinas: Open Monday.
- PumpHouse Museum: Closed Monday.
- Grand Theatre Box Office: Closed due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- MacLachlan Woodworking Museum: Closed due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Tett Centre: Closed Monday.
Release: City of Kingston
Photo: Miguel Montejano (cc)