Following is a list of road construction projects and events provided by the City of Kingston that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week:
Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians: review the listing of streets and related messages below for travel information of interest to you.
Traffic and pedestrian impacts this week:
* Kingscourt – First to Third – closed until mid-December while a contractor installs a new water main and sanitary sewer on behalf of Utilities Kingston.
* Nelson Street – First to Third – closed until 7 p.m. on Dec. 23 for underground site-servicing work. Local traffic will be accommodated.
* Highway 401 – at Highway 38/Gardiners Road – expect lane closures on the 401 until November 2020 and delays of up to 10 minutes nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. on the westbound 401. Ontario highway updates are offered by the Ministry of Transportation.
* Jackson Mills Road – Bur Brook Road to 400m south (near the K&P Trail) – reduced to one lane for roadside safety improvements. Both directions remain open.
* John Counter Boulevard – Princess to Indian – expect increased delays until the summer of 2021 while crews construct a new four-lane road and rail overpass. Using an alternate route is recommended. MOTORISTS: Don’t get stopped on the tracks! Ensure there is enough space on the opposite side before crossing.
* La Salle Causeway – expect short delays due to lane reductions 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Dec. 20 (weather-dependent). Flag-people will be in place. Cyclists and pedestrians will not be affected.
* Leroy Grant Drive – expect minor delays until mid-January as a contractor replaces a gas main on behalf of Utilities Kingston.
* Lower University Avenue – King to Stuart – expect delays 8 a.m. to noon on Dec. 18 to allow for work to the Fraser Armstrong Patient Care Building.
* Old Mill Road – at John Counter – expect delays until mid-December to allow crews to build the new south-side lanes on John Counter.
* Princess Street – Portsmouth to east of Hillendale – Expect delays eastbound due to restrictions along the curbside lane until mid-December as Utilities Kingston crews replace poles and underground wire.
* Victoria Street – Princess to Concession – expect minor delays, lane restrictions until Dec. 14 while a contractor completes work to replace sewers and water mains on behalf of Utilities Kingston.
Sidewalks and pedestrian pathways:
* Kingscourt Avenue – First to Third – The west sidewalk will be closed until mid-December while a contractor on behalf of Utilities Kingston installs a new water main and sanitary sewer.
Traffic-related links and messages:
- Kingston Transit detours: CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
- Daily updates: Follow @CityofKingston on Twitter.
- Ministry of Transportation updates – For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- City’s infrastructure program: CityofKingston.ca/construction.