Following is a list of road construction projects and events provided by the City of Kingston that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week:
Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians: review the listing of streets and related messages below for travel information of interest to you.
Traffic and pedestrian impacts this week:
* Cummins Road – Wilton to end of Cummins – closed 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sept. 7 for the annual Queen’s University Engineering Society event.
* Frontenac Street – Jenkins to Princess – closed until Dec. 2 for construction of an apartment building at 501 Frontenac St.
* King Street – Brock to Market (if needed) – closed from 8 to 11 p.m. every Thursday night until Sept. 5 for Movies in the Square.
* Point St. Mark Drive – at Gore – The entrance/exit onto Point St. Mark Drive is closed until the end of the Third Crossing construction. Pedestrian access to the library and dog park remains open as does the sidewalk on the southeast side of Gore Road.
* Bath Road (westbound lanes) – from 275 metres east of Gardiners to just past Days – expect minor delays and lane restrictions while accessing businesses on the north side of Bath Road while Utilities Kingston crews reline a water main throughout the summer. Expect lane restrictions at the Bath Road and Days Road intersection.
* Bath Road Westbound at Days Road – Right lane closed while crews are working in the area.
* Days Road Northbound at Bath Road – Left lane onto Bath Road westbound reduced to one lane while crews are working in the area.
* Cataraqui Business Park – Fortune, Resource and Centennial North – expect delays in this area until early September as crews reinforce the natural gas network to support the expansion of this business park.
* Countryside Crescent – expect delays through Sept. 6 to accommodate milling and paving.
* Crack-sealing will be taking place 6 p.m. to 7 a.m. Sept. 3 to 6 on these streets:
+ Bath Road – Princess to Gardiners
+ King Street – Sir John A. Macdonald to Place D’Armes
+ Gardiners Road – Fortune to Bath
+ Princess Street – Taylor Kidd to Gardiners
* Gibson and Oakridge avenues – expect delays while Utilities Kingston replaces a water main in the area.
* Highway 401 – at Highway 38/Gardiners Road – expect lane closures on the 401 until November 2020 and delays of up to 10 minutes nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. on the westbound 401. A new carpool lot will open here Nov. 30, 2019. Ontario highway updates are offered by the Ministry of Transportation.
* Jackson Mills Road – Bur Brook Road to 400m south (near the K&P Trail) – reduced to one lane for roadside safety improvements. Both directions remain open.
* John Counter Boulevard – Princess to Indian – expect delays until the summer of 2021 while crews construct a new four-lane road and rail overpass. MOTORISTS: Don’t get stopped on the tracks! Ensure there is enough space on the opposite side before crossing.
* Johnson Street – Sydenham to Bagot – Starting Sept. 2, expect minor delays and lane restrictions while Utilities Kingston crews prepare to reline the local watermain.
* Lakeview Avenue – Henderson to Lenox – expect delays Sept. 5 until mid-September to accommodate milling and paving.
* Meadowcrest – Lakeview to Henderson – expect delays through Sept. 6 while crews pulverize and re-grade the road.
* Strathcona Park watermain relining – expect minor traffic delays on the following streets while Utilities Kingston crews prepare to reline water mains through the summer:
+ Elizabeth Avenue – from Jane to Avenue Road
+ Jane Avenue – from Kings Gate /Nottingham to Avenue Road
+ McMahon Avenue – from McMichael to Avenue Road
* Sunnyside Road – west of McIvor – expect delays starting Sept. 3 to Sept. 6 to accommodate grading and paving.
* Sydenham Road – north of 401 – expect minor traffic delays for water main relining through the summer.
+ Mildred Street – from Sunnyside to Sydenham Road
+ Audrey Street – from Floyd to Jesse
+ Jesse Crescent – from Mildred to the end
+ Floyd Avenue – from Mildred to Sunnyside
* Westdale Avenue – expect delays starting Sept. 3 until Sept. 6 while crews pave the road.
Sidewalks and pedestrian pathways:
* Birchwood Street – Peachwood to Cat Woods Elementary School – crews will be completing the new sidewalk through Aug. 30.
* Front Road – Bishop to Montgomery – crews will be reconstructing the sidewalk until early September.
* Strathcona Park water main project – Utilities Kingston crews are relining water mains and installing new water mains to improve the water distribution system in this area through the summer:
Expect localized sidewalk closures on these streets:
* Elizabeth Avenue – from Jane to Avenue Road
* Jane Avenue – from Kings Gate/Nottingham to Avenue Road
* McMahon Avenue – from McMichael to Avenue Road
Expect the pedestrian access pathways to be closed in these locations:
* Gretna Green to Indian Road
* Stormont Avenue to Westmoreland Road, through O’Connor Park
Traffic-related links and messages:
- Kingston Transit detours: CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
- Daily updates: Follow @CityofKingston on Twitter.
- Ministry of Transportation updates – For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- City’s infrastructure program: CityofKingston.ca/construction.