Following is a list of road construction projects and events provided by the City of Kingston that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week:
Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians: review the listing of streets and related messages below for travel information of interest to you.
Traffic and pedestrian impacts this week:
* Cataraqui Woods Drive – Holden to Bayridge – closed until 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 25, for storm sewer and water main installation for the Woodhaven development.
* Frontenac Street – Jenkins to Princess – closed until Dec. 2 for construction of an apartment building at 501 Frontenac St.
* Highway 15 – at Highway 401 westbound on-ramp –closed nightly between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m. on Friday, July 19 and July 22 – 26 for paving maintenance. The ramp will remain open during the day.
* Innovation Drive – Tim Horton’s entrance to Discovery – closed until 5 p.m. on Friday, July 19 and again from 7 a.m. Monday, July 22 until 5 p.m. on Wednesday, July 24 for installation of new services for the Hampton Inn at 125 Innovation Dr.
* King Street – Brock to Market (if needed) – closed from 8 to 11 p.m. every Thursday night from June 20 to Sept. 5 for Movies in the Square.
* King Street – Church to Yonge – closed 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursday, July 25 to allow a tree to be removed.
* Ontario Street – Brock to Market – closed 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 21 for the 7th Annual Fire Truck Pull hosted by Epilepsy Southeastern Ontario.
* Princess Street – Division to Barrie – closed 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, July 20 for the Taylor Hall Ball Hockey Tournament.
* Sydenham Street – Princess to halfway to Queen – closed every Saturday until Sept. 7 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for Sydenham Street programming including Silly Sounds and Sounds of Sydenham.
* Bath Road (westbound lanes) – from 275 metres east of Gardiners to just past Days – expect minor delays and lane restrictions while accessing businesses on the north side of Bath Road while Utilities Kingston crews reline a water main throughout the summer. Expect lane restrictions at the Bath Road and Days Road intersection.
* Bath Road Westbound at Days Road – Right lane closed while crews are working in the area.
* Days Road Northbound at Bath Road – Left lane onto Bath Road Westbound reduced from 2 lanes to 1 lane while crews are working in the area.
* Cataraqui Business Park – Fortune, Resource and Centennial North – expect delays in this area until early September as crews reinforce the natural gas network to support the expansion of this business park.
* Gibson and Oakridge avenues – expect delays while Utilities Kingston replaces a water main in the area.
* Highway 401 – at Highway 38/Gardiners Road – expect lane closures on the 401 until November 2020 and delays of up to 10 minutes nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. on the westbound 401. A new carpool lot will open here Nov. 30, 2019. Ontario highway updates are offered by the Ministry of Transportation.
* Highway 38 – at Unity – expect delays and lane reductions until late July as Utilities Kingston crews construct new traffic signals.
* Jackson Mills Road – Bur Brook Road to 400m south (near the K&P Trail) – reduced to one lane for roadside safety improvements. Both directions remain open.
* John Counter Boulevard – Princess to Indian – expect delays until the summer of 2021 while crews construct a new four-lane road and rail overpass.
* Portsmouth Avenue – Old Quarry to John Counter – expect delays as crews complete remaining works for the realignment of Portsmouth Avenue.
* Princess Street – at Division – expect delays 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. from July 22 to 24 due to the closure of a northbound lane to accommodate a repair.
* Strathcona Park watermain relining – expect minor traffic delays on the following streets while Utilities Kingston crews prepare to reline watermains through the summer:
+ Elizabeth Avenue – from Jane to Avenue Road
+ Jane Avenue – from Kings Gate /Nottingham to Avenue Road
+ McMahon Avenue – from McMichael to Avenue Road
* Sydenham Road – north of 401 – expect minor traffic delays for water main relining through the summer.
+ Mildred Street – from Sunnyside to Sydenham Road
+ Audrey Street – from Floyd to Jesse
+ Jesse Crescent – from Mildred to the end
+ Floyd Avenue – from Mildred to Sunnyside
* Taylor Kidd Boulevard – Princess to Waterloo – expect delays until early August while crews complete the installation of a sidewalk.
Sidewalks and pedestrian pathways
* Bath Road north sidewalk – from 275 metres east of Gardiners to just past Days – expect localized sidewalk closures through the summer.
* Strathcona Park water main project – Utilities Kingston crews are relining water mains and installing new water mains to improve the water distribution system in this area through the summer:
* Expect localized sidewalk closures on these streets:
* Elizabeth Avenue – from Jane to Avenue Road
* Jane Avenue – from Kings Gate/Nottingham to Avenue Road
* McMahon Avenue – from McMichael to Avenue Road
* Expect the pedestrian access pathways to be closed in these locations:
* Gretna Green to Indian Road
* Stormont Avenue to Westmoreland Road, through O’Connor Park
* Taylor Kidd Boulevard – Princess to Waterloo – sidewalks are being constructed to be completed early August.
Traffic-related links and messages:
- Kingston Transit detours: CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
- Daily updates: Follow @CityofKingston on Twitter.
- Ministry of Transportation updates – For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- City’s infrastructure program: CityofKingston.ca/construction.