The City is seeking residents interested in helping to shape the community by volunteering for one of the City of Kingston committees, boards, or working groups
“Committees, boards and working groups provide insight and advice to Council respective to their mandates,” said Janet Jaynes, Deputy City Clerk. “When residents bring their knowledge and skill set as a volunteer for one of these groups, our community truly benefits.”
New members are needed for the following positions:
- Heritage Kingston
Legislated Committees and Boards
- Appeals Committee
- Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee
- Taxi Commission
- Kingston Economic Development Board of Directors
- Kingston Frontenac Public Library
- Kingston Frontenac Housing Corporation Board of Directors
- Planning Advisory Working Group (Central Kingston Urban representative)
To serve, you have to be 18 years or older, a resident/business owner in Kingston, and be either a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, a person who has been given permanent resident status by immigrating to Canada but is not a Canadian Citizen, and has resided in Kingston for at least one year.
You must apply by November 8 at 4:30pm either online at CityofKingston.ca/Committees or in person at the city clerk’s office at City Hall, 216 Ontario Street.