Epilepsy Southeastern Ontario will be hosting the 7th annual fire truck pull at Confederation Park on Sunday, July 21.
The community is invited to come out to watch or register a team of up to 8 people to pull a 31 foot, 37,000 lb pumper fire truck 100 feet to symbolize the 1-in-100 people in Canada who are affected by epilepsy.
The event takes place from 11am to 3pm – teams can register to participate between 11:30am and 12:45pm and the competition beginning at 1pm.
According to the event’s Facebook page, teams of eight will compete in the following categories:
- The Overall Event Winner (combination of best pull time and most funds raised)
- The Fastest Pull
- The Most Money Raised
- The Best Team Spirit
Team requirements that must be fulfilled to participate in this year’s Fire Truck Pull include:
- Maximum of 8 participants per team.
- Each participant must be 13+ years of age.
- On average, each member should raise approximately $100 to reach the suggested team entry goal of $800.
- Each team MUST have a team name and spirited theme!
- Each participant must fill out a waiver form (which can be found inside the registration package)
All proceeds will be used for support, education and awareness for over 4,000 people affected by epilepsy in Kingston and surrounding areas.
Photo (cropped): Epilepsy Southeastern Ontario on Facebook