The City of Kingston will be offering monthly training sessions to teach builders and renovators how to use DASH, the online Development and Services Hub. DASH can be used to apply for building permits, sign-up for required inspections and obtain a variety of planning permissions online.
Anyone planning a building project of any size, ranging from a do-it-yourself bathroom renovation to a commercial building with multiple uses, is encouraged to sign up for one of the free sessions taking place from 10am to 11:30am on the second Wednesday or Friday of every month.
Sign up for a session on January 8, February 14, March 11 or April 8 on Eventbrite.
According to a release, the sessions will provide an introduction to the online permit application process and associated features, including:
- How to create your online DASH account;
- How to get permits for everything from do-it-yourself projects at home to commercial buildings;
- How to view status updates for your permit application and request inspections;
- How to manage, store and upload your application files; and,
- How to pay for your application online.
More information can be found at the City of Kingston Building Permits page.