Family and Children’s Services of Frontenac, Lennox and Addington issued a statement on how it is changing and adapting to the COVID-19 crisis as it continues.
In addition to releasing a video featuring Executive Director Sonia Gentile (below), the agency has provided the following summary of the impact on its services:
- The Sharbot Lake, Sydenham and Northbrook sites are closed while the Napanee and Kingston offices are open but allowing essential visitors only. To access these sites, please call ahead.
- Prior to anyone entering the building all visitors will be screened. A decision will then be made regarding admission.
- Many of its workers are working from home. They may be using the phone and online platforms to reach out to clients.
- They are following directions from the Ontario Association of Children’s Aid Societies to determine if face-to-face contact will occur. In-person contact will not occur unless the reported information indicates that a child or youth may have been seriously harmed or may be at risk of serious harm, and this cannot be addressed through other means.
- Workers who visit clients may be wearing personal protective equipment such as masks, gloves and more.
- Volunteer services, including our Drive Program, have been suspended.
THE AGENCY IS OPEN AND REACHABLE BY PHONE 24/7
(613) 545-3227 or toll-free (855) 445-3227