This past week, the winners of the City of Kingston’s Celebrating Accessibility Awards were announced at a public ceremony at City Hall’s Memorial Hall.
Nine people, as individuals or representing organizations across seven categories, were selected by municipal accessibility advisory committee (MAAC) members .
“It was an honour to celebrate the winners and nominees of the Celebrating Accessibility Awards in historic Memorial Hall,” said community projects manager, Julie Salter-Keane. “We appreciate our special guests, filmmaker and broadcast journalist Anna-Karina Tabunar and Kathleen Ryan, Program Advisor with the Accessibility Directorate of Ontario for joining us to share their valuable messages on the importance of inclusiveness and accessibility in the workplace and our communities as a whole.”
The 2016 Celebrating Accessibility Awards recipients are:
• Kingston Community Health Centres, 263 Weller Ave. and 115 Barrack St.
• Kimberly Sutherland Mills, Kingston Frontenac Public Library
• James McNutt, GoPro Camera Journey Sequence Video #1 (Youtube Channel)
• Dolphin Digital Technologies Inc., Disabilities Mentoring Day • J. E. Agnew Food Services Ltd. (Tim Hortons)
• Peter Rose and Seniors Association Kingston, carpenter volunteers
• Tara McCallan, Happy Soul Project
To find out more about the award, visit the City’s webpage at CityofKingston.ca/accessaward.
Photo: Wikimedia Commons