Your cat or dog must be registered with the City of Kingston by March 31. Pet tags are free for first-time registrants of spayed or neutered animals.
“Responsible pet owners license their pets. The tags allow staff and the pound to identify your pet if it is found.” says Kim Leonard, manager, licensing and enforcement.
Need to register or renew pet tags? Go to CityofKingston.ca/pets.
Owners of previously licensed pets will have received renewal notices in the mail and can renew their licences online, by mail, email firstname.lastname@example.org by calling 613-546-4291, ext. 3150 or in person at City Hall, the Kingston Humane Society and participating pet stores and veterinarian offices.
If you have not received your renewal notice from the City, please contact the City to ensure your pets are licensed.
Those registering their pets for the first time can go to CityofKingston.ca/pets or can call 613-546-4291, ext. 3150 to fill out an application.
New applicants can also purchase their tags at City Hall, the Kingston Humane Society and at participating pet stores and veterinarians offices.
The City’s responsible pet ownership program offers:
– Vouchers for low-income families to spay/neuter their pets
– A trap/vaccinate/neuter/return program helps the City control the feral cat population
– Refunds equal to the discounted price of a tag, with proof (a receipt) that a pet has been spayed/neutered
– Identification of lost or found pets
– A free ride home for registered pets the first time the pet is lost, if the owner can be reached within a reasonable time. This saves owners pound fees.
– Discounts for owners registering three or more pets
More information about the responsible pet ownership program can be found at CityofKingston.ca/pets.
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 120,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. In 2014, it was named a Top 7 Smart Community by the Intelligent Community Forum. Our vision – to become Canada’s most sustainable city – focusses our efforts on: environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality. Please visit CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.