The City has announced that 2019’s Snow Much Fun – a free, family fun event for all ages – will be held on Friday, Dec. 6 from 5pm to 9pm in Springer Market Square.
Free activities for the event include:
- Dance to music played by a live DJ
- Skate on Springer Market Square (subject to weather conditions)
- Curl on the Brier 2020 artificial ice surface
- Pose for a Frosty Friends selfie on our photo op bench
- Warm up in an Adirondack chair next to a cozy fire pits in the amphitheatre
- Make a homemade gift in Home Depot’s Santa’s Workshop
- Visit with Santa, Rudolph, Frosty and the Grinch
- Listen to carols sung by St. George’s Choir
- Enjoy A Charlie Brown Christmas as read by Mayor Paterson and an ASL interpreter (7 p.m.)
Snow Much Fun will also feature Mayor Paterson reading A Charlie Brown Christmas accompanied by an ASL interpreter at 7pm.
Organizers have also put out a call for volunteers, including high school students requiring volunteer hours and others who want to get involved with our community. There are volunteer openings to conduct surveys, monitor the skating rink, road closure attendant, Brier 2020 activation, and to assist with installation and tear down of the event.
Volunteers can work the entire shift from 5-9 p.m. or work 2.5 hours. Each volunteer will receive a $10 gift card for a local restaurant and, if applicable, credit for their volunteer hours. Contact email@example.com with your availability and contact information.
Note that some nearby road sections will be closed that day between 10am and 10pm, including King Street, from Brock to Clarence, and Market Street will be closed from Ontario to King.
Community members interested in attending are reminded that kids 14 and under always ride for free on Kingston Transit – a great option for getting to Springer Market Square, located behind City Hall, 216 Ontario Street. Plan your trip at KingstonTransit.ca/TripPlanner.
Follow or check in with the City of Kingston on its social media accounts for updates, including any schedule changes due to weather.