Do you want to help shape your community? Volunteer for one of the 14 City of Kingston committees, boards, commissions or working groups now seeking informed advice from committed Kingstonians.
“Kingston is fortunate to have a wealth of skilled and knowledgeable experts from all over the world and our municipal bodies benefit from their contributions as we work together to build a smart and livable city,” says Janet Jaynes, deputy city clerk.
The City is seeking new members for the following:
• Appeals Committee
• Arts Advisory Committee
• Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority (CRCA) Lemoine Point Advisory Committee
• Committee of Adjustment
• Housing and Homelessness Advisory Committee
• Kingston Environmental Advisory Forum
• Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee
• Taxi Commission
• Kingston Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors
• Kingston & Frontenac Housing Corporation Board of Directors
• Kingston Municipal Non-Profit Housing Corporation Board of Directors (Town Homes Kingston)
• Kingston Police Services Board
• Tourism Kingston Board of Directors
• Kingston Penitentiary and Portsmouth Olympic Harbour Visioning Community Working Group
A total of 47 positions are available.
Newcomers with permanent resident status and who have lived in Kingston for at least a year are welcome to apply to volunteer on a committee, thanks to a recent change in the eligibility requirements. Applicants must also be 18 years or older and live or own property in Kingston.
Apply by Tuesday, Nov. 15 at 4:30 p.m. online at CityofKingston.ca/committees or at the city clerk’s office at City Hall, 216 Ontario St.