RELEASE — Kingston Fire & Rescue has lifted the total ban on open air burning due to the recent precipitation – but a partial burn ban remains in effect.
Residents may have a small, controlled fire no more than 45 cm wide by 45 cm high, that is used to provide warmth or cooking food, recreationally, and for religious or ceremonial purposes if used in compliance with the City of Kingston Open Air Burning Policy.
No authorizations to burn wood waste and brush will be permitted during this partial ban.
Kingston Fire & Rescue would like to remind citizens of the following:
- Remove all vegetation and other material that could spread the fire.
- Never leave a fire unattended.
- Keep your fire on a non-combustible surface and away from structures.
- Have an adequate supply of water available to extinguish or control the fire.
- Pay attention to wind conditions, smoke and potential spark hazards.
- To be cautious when disposing of smoking materials.
As weather conditions and fire risk change, Kingston Fire & Rescue will continue to update the status of this open air burn ban.