Renowned Canadian Fiddle Champion Scott Woods and his All-Star band present Fiddling Up A Storm!
This uplifting 2-hour Branson-style live show features lots of Canadian Old Time Fiddle music, Traditional Country songs, Western Swing tunes, Country Gospel favorites, fancy instrumentals, sweet harmonies, smooth vocals, sensational step dancing, family humor, inspirational stories, and of course some of Scott’s famous trick fiddling – front and back somersaults and walking on a barrel – all while playing his fiddle.
You will hear the flurry of fast fingers on a fiddle or guitar similar to a hurricane or twister, or maybe the calm before the storm.
Scott will be bringing the show to Kingston on Saturday, August 18 starting at 7pm in the Matthew J. Dawe Memorial Legion, 4034 Bath Road. Tickets can be purchased at the Matthew J. Dawe Memorial Legion or call toll free 1-855- SCOTTWOODS (1-855-726-8896) to charge by phone.
Joining Scott onstage in Fiddling Up A Storm is his sister, Kendra (Woods) Norris – a multi-instrumentalist and certainly no stranger to old time fiddling, having won the Canadian Duet Fiddle Championship title 3 times with Scott, as well as several solo wins in various classes including the 2016 Canadian Open (19-55 division).
Also onstage are Canadian Country Music Award Winner and Guitar Player of the Year, Steve Piticco; Bass Player Peter Sisk, Canadian Country Music Award Winner and Drummer of the Year, Bill Carruthers and champion Step Dancer 13-year-old Leo Stock.
Article continues after ad
Scott Woods is a two-time winner of the Canadian Open Fiddle Contest, two-time winner of the Canadian Grand Masters Fiddle Championship as well as Fiddle Entertainer of the Year. He is known affectionately as ‘The Flippin’ Fiddler’ and tours extensively across Canada and the USA every year raising funds for churches, charities and community service organizations. Scott and the band also tour in Germany.
- Tuesday, August 7: Bata Centre – Batawa, ON – 7pm** (Tickets Daniel @613-398-1160)
- Friday, Augut 10: Beaverbrook Kin Centre – 61st Annual Miramichi Folk Song Festival – Miramichi, NB – 7pm (Tickets – Susan Butler @ 506-622-1780)
- Saturday, August 11: Murray Christian Centre – Kensington, PEI – 7pm (Tickets – Kensington Food Basket)
- Monday, August 13: Brooklyn Civic Centre – Brooklyn (Hants County), NS – 7pm (Tickets – Windsor Home Hardware / Brooklyn Home Hardware Building Centre)
- Tuesday, August 14: Royal Canadian Legion Branch 26 – Truro, NS – 7pm (Tickets – MacQuarries Pharmasave)
- Wednesday, August 15: St. Andrews-Wesley United Church – Springhill, NS – 7pm** (Tickets – Ross Anderson Pharmasave / Springhill Guardian Community Pharmacy / Oxford
- PharmaChoice Health Centre / Amhurst Pharmasave / Barbara @ 902-597-8305)
- Thursday, August 16: Coverdale Centre – Riverview, NB – 7pm (Tickets – Jean Coutu)
- Friday, August 17: Richmond Regional School – Richmond, QUE – 7pm** (Tickets – Phyllis @819-826-5883)
- Saturday, August 18: Matthew J. Dawe Memorial Legion – Kingston, ON – 7pm (Tickets – Matthew J. Dawe Memorial Legion)
Concerts where proceeds go to support a fundraiser**
Tickets are $25 for adults, $10 for children (age 6-12) and children 5 and under get in free.
Release source: provided