Kingston Hydro customers in the areas listed below will be affected by planned power outages on Saturday, March 18.
Queen’s University and area: Customers in these areas will experience a seven-hour outage starting at 9 a.m.:
– Collingwood Street between Queen’s University and King
– King Street West between Beverley and Lower University
– St. Lawrence Avenue
– Stuart Street between Albert and Lower University
– Lower University Avenue
Williamsville and Queen’s University area: Customers in these areas will experience a 30-minute outage starting at 9 a.m., and second 30- minute outage starting at 3:30 p.m.:
– Union Street between College and Collingwood
– College Street between Union and Earl
– Traymoor Street
– Hill Street between College and Willingdon
– Centre Street between Union and Edgehill
– Kensington Avenue
– Edgehill Street between Centre and Kensington
– Collingwood Street between Queen’s and Union
– Alfred Street between Johnson and Union
– Victoria Street between Johnson and Union
– Churchill Crescent
For a more detailed map of the affected areas, please visit UtilitiesKingston.com.
These power outages are necessary to remove vegetation near electrical infrastructure in the area, on behalf of your electrical distributor Kingston Hydro.
To reduce outages that can occur from weather events, ensure worker and public health and safety, and to meet regulatory requirements, we trim the trees in the entire distribution area over a three-year period.