UPDATE: A planned power outage set for Saturday in the north end will be postponed a week as poor weather is expected this weekend (the forecast calls for rain on Saturday and snow on Sunday).
The planned daytime power outage is now scheduled for 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 12.
This outage required to enable Utilities Kingston workers to upgrade hydro poles and conductors along Weller Avenue between Division Place and Butler Street on behalf of Kingston Hydro.
An alternate time for the outage is set for the next day – 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, March 13.
Homes and businesses in the area bordered by Division Street, Conacher Drive, Wilson Street and the railway tracks will be affected.
Article continues after ad
Kingston Hydro apologizes for any inconvenience to its customers (and their customers). This work is necessary to ensure a reliable source of electricity. For more information please call the Customer Service Centre 613-546-0000.
Kingston Fire & Rescue Service offers the following power outage reminders:
– Electrically-connected smoke alarms and carbon monoxide (CO) alarms will not work during a power outage. Make sure that you have a battery back-up.
– To reduce fire risk, use flashlights instead of candles.
– Cordless phones do not work during a power outage. Have a phone that does not require electricity to operate.
– Barbecues are for outdoor use only.
– Only use portable heaters designed for use indoors. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Release source: City of Kingston