Bring your family down to the FREE indoor and outdoor New Year’s Eve festivities at the K-Rock Centre, 1 Barrack St. co-sponsored by Empire Life.
Celebrations start at 5 p.m. and end with a 9:15 p.m. spectacular fireworks display from Point Frederick best viewed from the Wolfe Island Ferry dock or Confederation Park.
Dress warmly for wagon rides, hot chocolate (sponsored by the Kingston Brewing Company with proceeds to PRO Kids) and the fireworks outside. Head inside to warm up and enjoy the live entertainment for all ages, public skating, face-painting, crafts, Parents & Tots area and more.
This year, you and your friends can also make your own music video with the DanceHeads (no talent required!), or try your luck at the snowman toss or puck shooting gallery.
Here’s the line-up of the evening’s entertainment :
* 5 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. – Frontenac Community Concert Band (Jazz/Big Band)
* 5:45 p.m. to 6:20 p.m. – David Archibald (Children’s Entertainer)
* 6:25 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. – Roger James (Celtic/ Folk Comedy)
* 6:45p.m. to 7:15 p.m. – The Jaded Gentlemen (Rock)
* 7:30 p.m. to 7:50 p.m. – Abby Stewart (this 10 year-old took second place at the CNE’s Rising Star Competition)
* 8:15 p.m. to 9 p.m. – Zydecosis (Mardi Gras Band)
* 9:15 p.m. – Spectacular Fireworks display. View it from the Wolfe Island Ferry Dock or Confederation Park.
Parking is FREE at municipal surface lots starting at 4:30 p.m. Or plan to get there by bus: www.cityofkingston.ca/tripplanner.
Release source: City of Kingston