Viridius Lex LLP, a boutique law firm specializing in sustainability which launched in May 2018, is hosting its first of a series of free legal seminars.
On November 20, 2018 from 4-6pm, Viridius Lex LLP will be hosting a seminar on legal issues for new and recently formed businesses, with a focus on the benefits of operating sustainably.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Legal issues to consider as you start, and grow your business
- Choosing a business structure
- Commercial transactions – buying a business, buying land/leasing space
- Commercial contracts/agreements
- Agreements/disagreements between business partners
- Estate planning
- Intellectual property
- Tax Issues
- Legal strategies and developments in the area of sustainable business law
Informal networking will take place before and after the presentation. Please bring your business cards.
Article continues after ad
Viridius Lex LLP is a boutique law firm specializing in sustainability. With offices in Toronto and Kingston, Ontario, we combine our in-depth knowledge of the legal, political and business landscape, with a firm culture that recognizes the value our clients place on the economic, social and environmental sustainability of their decisions and operational practices.
Our corporate/commercial law practice focuses on the unique legal needs of small, green, and social enterprises. Operating as a social enterprise, our legal practice not only enables our clients to meet and exceed their regulatory obligations, but is committed, through reduced rates and pro bono work, to improving social and environmental ends.