Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website at roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD CLOSURES
– Turn lanes on Princess Street and Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard: Early in the week, the eastbound turn lane on Princess onto southbound Sir John A. will be closed. Later in the week, the northbound turn lane on Sir John A. onto eastbound Princess will be closed. Expect periodic lane closures on both streets to accommodate gas construction.
– Division Street will be closed from Clergy to Earl and from Earl to William until late September.
– Division Street will be closed from William to Johnson starting Wednesday, Sept. 6 until mid-October.
– Resource Road will be closed in front of 107 Resource Rd. from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 28 to install water and sanitary service to the new building.
– George Street will be closed from Stuart to O’Kill on Aug. 28 and 29 to accommodate construction of an addition to Queen’s University’s Botterell Hall along the George Street side. Parking has been removed from the northern portion of George Street along the length of the building to facilitate this work (also see ACCESSIBLE PARKING DISRUPTION notice below). Traffic flow on O’Kill Street has been reversed to allow for access to parking on the southern section of George Street from Barrie Street. Please follow the detour routes posted.
Article continues after ad
EVENT ROAD CLOSURES
Sounds of Sydenham
– The Downtown Kingston! Sounds of Sydenham and other programming will close half of Sydenham Street beginning at Princess Street northerly toward Queen each Saturday this summer between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Aug. 26 and Sept. 5.
Limestone City Blues Fest
– Brock Street from Ontario to Wellington on Aug. 26 from 4:30 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.
– King Street from Brock to Princess on Aug. 26 from 4:30 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.
– King Street from Clarence to Brock on Aug. 26 from 11:30 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
– Market Street from Ontario to King Aug. 26, 2017 from 6 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD DELAYS
Motorists and cyclists should expect delays on these roadways due to road construction and bridge construction:
– John Counter Boulevard from Sir John A. Macdonald to Portsmouth until early November while crews complete the road widening.
– Front Road from east entrance of INVISTA to Trailhead Place until end of year while crews reconstruct the bridge.
– Both sides of Division Street between William and Union streets – pedestrians are required to walk on a granular path.
– South side of Bath Road between Portsmouth and Sir John A. Macdonald – pedestrians are required to walk on a granular path.
– South side of John Counter Boulevard between Portsmouth and Sir John A. Macdonald – pedestrians are required to walk on a granular path.
ACCESSIBLE PARKING DISRUPTION
O’Kill Street – Two on-street accessible parking spaces on O’Kill Street at George will be temporarily re-located Monday, Aug. 28 and Tuesday, Aug. 29 to accommodate a street closure. These accessible spaces will be re-located on the north side of O’Kill Street above the current accessible spaces.
Abby Dawn Road is open but water remains on each side. It is restricted to a single lane in the centre of the road. Drivers must yield to oncoming traffic.