Unleash your dog for a play date at Tomlinson Aqua Park. The City of Kingston is holding the first-ever Summer’s End Doggie Dip on Saturday, September 17 – the last day of operation for the pool.
“We wanted to offer owners a chance to have some fun with their dogs at the pool and closing day seemed like a great time to start this annual tradition,” says Lynda Breen, supervisor, recreation programs.
There will be two Doggie Dips times at Tomlinson Aqua Park, 303 York Street:
- Dogs under 30 pounds swim from 5-5:45 p.m.
- Dogs 31 pounds or more swim from 6-6:45 p.m.
- You must register your dog to participate ahead of time at CityofKingston.ca/eCity.
Please be prepared to meet the requirements and follow these rules aimed at keeping all participants happy and safe:
- The Doggie Dip costs $8 a dog and only people-and-dog-friendly dogs are permitted.
- There’s a two dog per person limit – and also a two person per dog limit.
- Children under 13 are not permitted to this event and all human participants must sign a waiver.
- You need to provide proof your pet is licensed and vaccinated for Rabies and Bordatella.
- Dogs must enter through the patio gate entrance and are not permitted in the change rooms.
- You must have a leash with you and you are responsible for supervising your dog in and out of the water.
– You may wade into the water up to your knees, but you may not swim with the dogs.
– No dog toys are permitted.
Remember to pack dog waste bags, sunscreen and a water bottle, too.
Tell your friends they can find information on the Doggie Dip at CityofKingston.ca/FeatureEvents.