RELEASE — Beginning Monday, July 9, an integrated system of expanded services and supports for families in Kingston and Frontenac County will be delivered through the newly established EarlyON Child and Family Centres.
EarlyON Centres will offer varied program hours, including some nights and weekends. Summer schedule and locations can be found at CityofKingston.ca/EarlyON.
“The City of Kingston is excited to lead the local transformation of child and family programs in our area. We are committed to supporting parents, caregivers and our service providers as we transition to the new programming,” says Laura Austin, childcare and early years supervisor. She notes that the City has been working with local service providers and is receiving financial support Ontario’s Ministry of Education to deliver EarlyON programs.
Article continues after ad
EarlyON offers parents and caregivers:
• free drop-in programs to enjoy with your children age 0 to 6 years
• inquiry and play-based activities, such as reading, storytelling, sing-alongs and games
• a way to connect with other families and children in your neighbourhood
• a place to find out about other services in your community
• Francophone programming at dedicated Francophone EarlyON locations
• Inclusive indigenous programming promoting cultural identity for the children, families and caregivers of Indigenous heritage
Learn, play, laugh, be curious, make friends and engage with others at EarlyON this summer.
Fall schedules with expanded programming and locations will be available late August. For more, see: CityofKingston.ca/EarlyON.