KINGSTON, ONT. — The City is holding a series of public meetings to invite input regarding the City’s 2011 Accessibility Plan.
A draft of the Plan will be available for review in mid-October at www.cityofkingston.ca/accessibility .
The Plan will outline the City’s role in supporting a number of initiatives aimed at making Kingston more accessible to all its residents and includes accessibility goals regarding parks, marinas, bus shelters and the distribution and formatting of information.
In addition to the public consultation meetings listed below, a Your Opinion comment opportunity will be posted when the draft plan is released to the public. Those who wish to be electronically notified when the Plan has been posted should subscribe to the accessibility e-mail list at www.cityofkingston.ca/accessibility
Thursday, Oct. 21:
– 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Madoma Community Centre, 1805 Highway 2 East. This location is not serviced by Kingston Transit.
– 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Kingston Fire & Rescue Station 8, 1485 Unity Rd. This location is not serviced by Kingston Transit.
Tuesday, Oct. 26:
– 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Isabel Turner Branch, Kingston Frontenac Public Library, 935 Gardiners Rd.
– 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Rideaucrest Home, 175 Rideau St.
Wednesday, Oct. 27:
– 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Canadian Hearing Society, Frontenac Mall, 1300 Bath Rd.
– 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Seniors Association, 56 Francis St.
Thursday, Oct. 28:
– 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Kingston Fire & Rescue Station 3, 211 Gore Rd. The washrooms at this location accommodate many, but not all, wheelchairs or scooters. City of Kingston staff will be on hand to assist you with entering/exiting the washroom. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS LOCATION IS NOT ON AN EASIER ACCESS TRANSIT ROUTE.
Friday, Oct. 29:
– 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Kingston Community Health Centre, 400 Elliot Ave.
For more on Easier Access Routes see www.cityofkingston.ca/residents/transportation/transit/accessible.asp
Photo by Cobalt123