RELEASE — Join the City in bringing in the New Year at the K-Town Countdown! Take part in hands-on and active fun for all ages inside and outside the Leon’s Centre. Festivities conclude at 9 p.m. with a spectacular fireworks display in Confederation Basin.
The K-Town Countdown starts at 5 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 31 at the Leon’s Centre, 1 The Tragically Hip Way.
Inside the Leon’s Centre
Scheduled live entertainment
- 6 p.m. – Mad Science educates with their highly interactive and exciting science experiments
- 7 p.m. – The BarryO Kid Show brightens the evening with magic and ventriloquism
- 8 p.m. – Solomon Woodland entertains with his acoustic blues and country tunes
Ongoing interactive activities
- New Year’s Eve skate party in the Leon’s Centre arena, every hour on the hour starting at 5 p.m. Tickets for the next skating time will be given to those in line on the half-hour with the exception of the first skate at 5 p.m.
- Crafts and games
- New Year’s Eve photo booth
- Movie characters
- Face painting (by donation)
- Food available for purchase from the Leon’s Centre concession stands
Outside and around Downtown Kingston
Dress for the weather and plan to enjoy
- Until 11 p.m. – Weather permitting, skating in Springer Market Square. Skate rentals are available until 10 p.m.
- 9 p.m. – Spectacular fireworks finale to celebrate the New Year. The best viewing location is Confederation Basin.
All Kingston Transit buses will operate on their regular Sunday schedule which includes extended service hours on all Express Routes and Routes 1, 7 and 15. Children 14 and under ride for free. Plan your bus trip with Kingston Transit at KingstonTransit.ca/TripPlanner or with your preferred transit app.
If you have accessibility needs and require assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Event updates – including notifications about fireworks – will be posted on the City’s website at CityofKingston.ca/FeatureEvents, Facebook and Twitter pages.
UPDATE: Check out this City of Kingston video