The City of Kingston has posted a variety of events that will be taking place on Victoria Day 2018:
This year, Victoria Day celebrations will be held on Sunday, May 20 at Lake Ontario Park! Festivities begin at 1 p.m. with activities and fun for the whole family.
Enjoy a bubble show with Miss T the Bubble Queen, a K-9 demonstration by Kingston Police, exciting inflatables and much more! In the evening, enjoy the live music lineup down by the water featuring Hotel California who will be recreating the legendary sound of the Eagles. Don’t miss the fireworks finale at 9:30 p.m.
All Victoria Day activities take place rain or shine. Don’t forget your reusable water bottle to fill at the Utilities Kingston Water Buggy!
– Exciting inflatable activities
– Face painting and balloon twisting
– Kingston Police obstacle course and community engagement trailer
– Kingston Police mounted unit
– Deck tours aboard the St. Lawrence II Tall Ship
– Local food trucks and ATM on site
– Kingston Transit
– Splash pad and play structure
– 1:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. Bubbleology Show with Miss T the Bubble Queen at the Pavilion
– 2:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Miss T the Bubble Queen: Interactive Bubble Station the Pavilion
– 3:00 p.m. Demonstration by the Kingston Police K-9 Unit (on the grass, north of the Pavilion)
– 2:30 p.m. Books for Babies with Kingston Frontenac Public Library
– 3:30 p.m. Rhythm and Rhyme with Kingston Frontenac Public Library
Evening performance line-up:
Article continues after ad
– Live entertainment will kick off at 6 p.m. by the water.
– 6:00 p.m. – Bon Evans Band – feel good music at its finest
– 7:00 p.m. – Emily Bashall – Country singer/songwriter
– 8:00 p.m. – Hotel California – A tribute performance to the Eagles
A jaw-dropping fireworks display will end the night with a bang at 9:30 p.m. Kingston Fire and Rescue encourages residents to enjoy the City’s fireworks display at Lake Ontario Park. Weather-related updates for the timing of the fireworks will be posted at Twitter.com/CityofKingston.
Accessible parking is available at Lake Ontario Park. Speak to the attendants at the entrance upon arrival and they will direct you to the accessible parking lot. For requests or questions regarding the accessibility of the event, please contact Emily Hatchette, event coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take Kingston Transit to get to Lake Ontario Park. All express routes including 501/502, 601/602, 701/702 and the new 801/802 on Montreal Street, as well as the 1, 7 and 15 will be operating as usual. Use KingstonTransit.ca/TripPlanner and plan to get there by bus.
Only accessible parking will be available at Lake Ontario Park. The free shuttle will make continuous round trips to Lake Ontario Park from 1 to 10:30 p.m. with pick-ups at both St. Lawrence College and Centre 70. Free general parking will be available in lots P3, P4, P5 and P6. Parking in P1 will also be available after 5:30 p.m. on the event day. Overflow parking will also be available at Centre 70 at 100 Days Rd.
Pets (on leashes) are welcome at the Victoria Day celebrations. The City cautions pet owners that the fireworks display may be upsetting for some pets due to the noise levels and to ensure that their pets are safely leashed prior to the start of the fireworks show.