This year, the K-Town Countdown on New Year’s Eve will usher in Canada’s 150th year! Skate to the DJ’s “coolest” rhythms and enjoy fun activities for all ages – ending with fireworks over Confederation Basin at the family-friendly hour of 9 p.m.
Tonight's K-Town Countdown Fireworks have been cancelled due to high winds and will be scheduled for a later date in 2017.
— City of Kingston (@cityofkingston) January 1, 2017
“Kingston is kick-starting the celebration of Canada’s 150th birthday at this years’ K-Town Countdown,” says Mayor Bryan Paterson. “I look forward to joining Kingstonians as we countdown to 2017 and usher in a year of celebrating Kingston’s rich history as Canada’s First Capital city.”
See CityofKingston.ca/Kingston150 for a growing list of Sesquicentennial events and initiatives to take place during 2017.
The K-Town Countdown starts at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 31 at Rogers K-Rock Centre, 1 The Tragically Hip Way.
Article continues after ad
INSIDE THE ROGERS K-ROCK CENTRE
Enjoy live entertainment, including:
– 6 p.m. – Go on a rhythmical journey during the Interactive Drum Circle.
– 7 p.m. – Sing along with Sonshine and Broccoli (kids entertainment)
– 8 p.m. – Magic, Mind Reading & Illusion with magician Mike D’Urzo
You’ll also enjoy:
– Face painting
– Arts and crafts
– Meet princesses!
– Photo booth – have pictures taken with your group of up to 15 people.
– NYE skate party in the K-Rock arena (every hour on the hour starting at 5 p.m. Tickets for the next skating time will be given to those in line on the half-hour.)
OUTSIDE AND AROUND DOWNTOWN KINGSTON
Dress warmly and plan to enjoy:
– Live fire and LED light shows throughout the evening with the “FireGuy”
– 5 to 8:30 p.m. – Whites wagon rides
– Until 11 p.m. – skating in Springer Market Square
– 9 p.m. – Spectacular Fireworks Finale to kick-off Canada’s Sesquicentennial celebrations. The best viewing location is Confederation Basin.
– Parking in all City surface lots is free after 4:30 p.m.
Plan your bus trip with Google Transit: kingstontransit.ca/tripplanner