Following is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians: review the listing of streets and related messages below for travel information of interest to you.
- Highway 401 – at Highway 38/Gardiners Road – expect lane closures on the 401 until November 2020 and delays of up to 10 minutes nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. on the westbound 401. A new carpool lot will open here Nov. 30, 2019. Ontario highway updates are offered by the Ministry of Transportation.
- Jackson Mills Road – from Bur Brook Road to 400m south (near the K&P Trail) – reduced to one lane for roadside safety improvements but both directions remain open.
- John Counter Boulevard – from Portsmouth to Princess – expect road delays until the end of March while Bell Canada and Utilities Kingston crews relocate the overhead wires in preparation for the next phase of the John Counter improvements.
- King Street – just east of Lower University – expect a lane closure from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, March 2 to allow for a crane to lift units onto a roof. One lane will remain open
- Kingston Transit detours: CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
- Daily updates: Follow @CityofKingston on Twitter.
- Ministry of Transportation updates – For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- City’s infrastructure program: CityofKingston.ca/construction.