Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston.
Traffic and pedestrian impacts this week:
- Highway 401 – at Highway 38/Gardiners Road – expect lane closures on the 401 until November 2020 and delays of up to 10 minutes nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. on the westbound 401. A new carpool lot will open here Nov. 30, 2019. Ontario highway updates are offered by the Ministry of Transportation.
- Jackson Mills Road – from Bur Brook Road to 400m south (near the K&P Trail) – reduced to one lane for roadside safety improvements but both directions remain open.
- John Counter Boulevard – from Portsmouth to Princess – expect road delays until mid-February while Hydro One crews relocate the overhead wires in preparation for the next phase of the John Counter improvements.
- Market Street – from Ontario to King – closed 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Feb. 9 and 10 for Feb Fest events.
Article continues after ad
- We’re building a 1.6 km multi-use path in Kingscourt from Third Avenue to John Counter Boulevard. See details on the pathway – and other active transportation changes proposed for Kingscourt – and tell us where benches could be placed as potential rest locations at GetInvolved.CityofKingston.ca/Kingscourt-Pathway.
- We’re filling gaps in the sidewalk network along Bath Road, Birchwood Drive and Taylor Kidd Boulevard. Find out more and tell us where benches could be placed as potential rest locations at GetInvolved.CityofKingston.ca/Sidewalks-2019.
- Road work survey results: Did you offer input on how you would like to hear about planned road work projects? See results: GetInvolved.CityofKingston.ca/Road-Work
- Kingston Transit detours: CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
- Daily updates: Follow @CityofKingston on Twitter.
- Ministry of Transportation updates – For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- City’s infrastructure program: CityofKingston.ca/construction.