Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
See the City’s infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Follow @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
Ministry of Transportation
* Highway 401 near Highway 15 – expect nightly left lane closures in both directions from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
* Highway 401 at Highway 38/Gardiners Road – expect lane closures on the 401 until November 2020 and delays of up to 10 minutes nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. on the westbound 401. The carpool lot in this location was closed on Nov. 28 and a new one is scheduled to open on Nov. 30, 2019.
La Salle Causeway: Lane Reduction
The La Salle Causeway will be reduced to one lane for six hours on Tuesday, Jan. 15 from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 16. During this period, motorists will experience a lane reduction in both directions. It is important to note that there will be short delays due to a lane reduction. There will be one lane open for both directions and two flagmen to control traffic flow at all times.
There will be no lane reductions during peak times in order to minimize disruptions. The bridge will remain open to cyclists and pedestrians during the lane reduction periods. This work is weather dependent and may be postponed until Tuesday, Jan. 22 at 7 p.m.
Expect delays this week on:
* Jackson Mills Road from Bur Brook Road to 400m south (near the K&P Trail) as traffic is reduced to one lane to allow crews install concrete barriers to improve roadside safety.
* John Counter Boulevard from Portsmouth to Princess until mid-February while Hydro One crews relocate the overhead wires in preparation for the next phase of the John Counter improvements.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Signing up for Breaking News at CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.