City and Utilities Kingston schedules will be affected by the Family Day holiday on Monday, February 18:
Family Day Activities
Looking for fun opportunities for Family Day? Find a full listing of the City’s Family Day activities at CityofKingston.ca/FeatureEvents .
Kingston Transit reminds families that kids 14 and under ride FREE every day. Plan your family bus trip with Google Transit: KingstonTransit.ca/tripplanner.
Municipal Holiday Schedule
Here are the City and Utilities Kingston schedules for Family Day, Monday, Feb. 18:
- Green Bin, garbage and recycling: No collection on Monday. Collection occurs the day after your regular pick-up day this week. Sign-up at CityofKingston.ca/collection to receive collection reminders by phone, text or email – or get the FREE “Kingston Waste” app on your Apple or Android device.
- Kingston Transit: Bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule on Monday. Route 18 will run on a weekday schedule.
- Kingston Access Services: Operates with limited service on Monday. Call 613-542-2512 for information.
- Administrative offices, including housing and social services on Montreal Street and Provincial Offences: Closed Monday.
- Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Monday. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call Utilities Kingston/Kingston Hydro’s 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. (Hydro One electricity customers in City west and east can call 1-800-434-1235. Union Gas customers can call 1-877-969-0999). Remember: off-peak pricing applies to electricity used on weekends and holidays including Family Day.
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre: Closed.
- INVISTA Centre/Arenas: Open.
- INVISTA Fitness & Wellness Centre: Open limited hours – 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Artillery Park Aquatic Centre: Open limited hours – 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Libraries: All branches of the Kingston Frontenac Public Library will be closed on Sunday and Monday.
- Grand Theatre Box Office: Closed. Tickets for all shows can be purchased online 24 hours a day at www.kingstongrand.ca.
Release: City of Kingston