Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
See the City’s infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Follow @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
Ministry of Transportation
* Highway 401 near Highway 15 – expect nightly left lane closures in both directions from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
* Highway 401 at Highway 38/Gardiners Road – expect daily lane closures on the 401 until November 2020. The carpool lot in this location was closed on Nov. 28 and a new one is scheduled to open on Nov. 30, 2019.
Event Road Closures
* On Monday, Dec. 31 King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d’Armes 2 to 10 p.m. and The Tragically Hip Way will be closed from Ontario to King from 4 to 10 p.m. for New Year’s Eve celebrations at the Leon’s Centre.
Expect delays this week on:
* Jackson Mills Road from Bur Brook Road to 400m south (near the K&P Trail) as traffic is reduced to one lane to allow crews install concrete barriers to improve roadside safety.
* Portsmouth Avenue from Old Quarry to John Counter until the end of the year for the installation of storm sewers and upgrade the road surface for the realignment of Portsmouth Avenue.
* John Counter Boulevard from Portsmouth to Indian Road while crews upgrade the road surface for the realignment of Portsmouth Avenue.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: