Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
How would you like to be informed about the City’s planned road and sidewalk work projects? Complete the five-minute survey online at GetInvolved.CityofKingston.ca by Nov. 30.
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Follow @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
Ministry of Transportation
* Highway 401 at Highway 38/Gardiners Road – expect daily lane closures on the 401 from Dec. 3 until November 2020. The carpool lot in this location was closed on Nov. 28 and a new one is scheduled to open on Nov. 30, 2019.
* Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard – expect periodic delays and lane closures between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until late November to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
Construction Road Closure
* James Street will be closed from Rideau to Bagot from 9 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 3 to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 5 as crews provide new services to a residence.
* Elm Street will be closed from Division to Chatham on Monday, Dec. 3 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. to allow Utilities Kingston to complete gas main work.
Article continues after ad
Event Road Closures
* King Street will be closed from Brock to Clarence and Market Street will be closed from Ontario to King from 12 p.m. until midnight on Friday, Dec. 7 for Snow Much Fun.
Expect delays this week on:
* Highway 38 at Unity until late November while crews upgrade the road and add turning lanes.
* Portsmouth Avenue from Old Quarry to John Counter until the end of the year for the installation of storm sewers and upgrade the road surface for the realignment of Portsmouth Avenue.
* John Counter Boulevard from Portsmouth to Indian Road until mid-December while crews upgrade the road surface for the realignment of Portsmouth Avenue.
* Division Street from Colborne to Brock until the end of the year while crews complete final works.
* Westbrook Road south of Princess (Highway 2) to mid-December as Utilities Kingston makes upgrades to the Westbrook Sewage Pumping Station.
* Princess Street west of Portsmouth as Utilities Kingston replaces an end-of-life gas main.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: