Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
How would you like to be informed about the City’s planned road and sidewalk work projects? Complete the five-minute survey online at GetInvolved.CityofKingston.ca by Nov. 30.
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Follow @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
Ministry of Transportation
Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard – expect periodic delays and lane closures between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until late November to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
Event Road Closures
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d’Armes, Nov. 28 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for the Daytime Hockey Game.
- Sydenham Street will be closed from Princess to halfway to Queen (at Bollards), on Nov. 30 from 4:30 to 9:30 p.m. for Festive Friday with music, photo booth and more.
Expect delays this week on:
- Highway 38 at Unity until late November while crews upgrade the road and add turning lanes.
- Portsmouth Avenue from Old Quarry to John Counter until the end of the year for the installation of storm sewers and upgrade the road surface for the realignment of Portsmouth Avenue.
- John Counter Boulevard from Portsmouth to Indian Road until late November while crews install a watermain.
- Division Street from Colborne to Brock until the end of the year while crews complete final works.
- Westbrook Road south of Princess (Highway 2) to mid-December as Utilities Kingston makes upgrades to the Westbrook Sewage Pumping Station.
- Princess Street at Hillendale until the end of November as Utilities Kingston replaces an end-of-life gas main.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: