Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
How would you like to be informed about the City’s planned road and sidewalk work projects? Complete the five-minute survey online at GetInvolved.CityofKingston.ca by Nov. 30.
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Follow @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
Ministry of Transportation
* Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard – expect periodic delays and lane closures between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until mid-November to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
Construction Road Closures
* Division Street is closed from Brock to Princess until mid-November and from Princess to Queen until late November. The intersections of Division and Queen and Division and Colborne will be closed until late November.
* John Counter Boulevard will be closed from Indian to Portsmouth starting at 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9 until 5 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 12 while crews complete the new intersection at Portsmouth.
Event Road Closures
* King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d’Armes from 4 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 8 until 2 a.m. Friday, Nov. 9 for the Thank You Canada Tour Ice Show. NOTE: The King Street sidewalk will also not be accessible from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d’Armes during this time.
Remembrance Day ceremonies on Sunday, Nov. 11 mean the following streets will be closed:
* Barrie Street from King to Stuart from 10:20 a.m. to 12 p.m.
* King Street from Barrie to West from 10:20 a.m. to 12 p.m.
* King Street from Barrie to Lower University from 8:15 a.m. to 12 p.m.
* Ontario Street from West to Gore from 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
* Bagot Street from West to Barrie 10 to 11 a.m.
Article continues after ad
Expect delays this week on:
* Division Street at Barbara from 9:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 8 due to lane closures to complete paving at the intersection.
* King St. East from Barrie to West until the end of November as crews for Utilities Kingston replace an end-of-life watermain.
* Princess Street at Hillendale until the end of November due to lane reductions as Utilities Kingston replaces an end-of-life gas main.
* Princess Street at Alfred until mid-November as Utilities Kingston crews replace a sanitary sewer to increase capacity in this area.
* Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until mid-November while crews install storm sewers.
* Highway 38 at Unity until early November while crews upgrade road and add turning lanes.
* Portsmouth Avenue from Old Quarry to John Counter until the end of the year for the installation of storm sewers and upgrade the road surface for the realignment of Portsmouth Avenue.
* John Counter Boulevard from Portsmouth to Indian Road until mid-November while crews install a watermain.
* Isle of Man Road will be down to one lane until Friday, Nov. 2 while crews replace a culvert.
Sidewalk and Pathway Disruptions
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction or work zones in these areas:
* The King Street sidewalk will not be accessible from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d’Armes from 4 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 8 until 2 a.m. Friday, Nov. 9 during the Thank You Canada Tour Ice Show at the Leon’s Centre.
* Division Street from Brock to Colborne.
* Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: