Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
How would you like to be informed about the City’s planned road and sidewalk work projects? Complete the five-minute survey online at GetInvolved.CityofKingston.ca by Nov. 30.
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Follow @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
Ministry of Transportation
* Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard – expect periodic delays and lane closures between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until November to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
Princess Street Reconstruction Closures: OCT. 30-31 Division Street from Colborne to Brock will temporarily reopen to accommodate traffic flow during the following closures:
* Princess Street will close from Division to Clergy on Tuesday Oct. 30 to install street print at Princess/Barrie intersection.
* Princess Street will close from Barrie to Clergy on Wednesday Oct. 31 to repair a portion of street print on Princess.
* Barrie Street will close from Queen to Princess and from Princess to Brock on Wednesday Oct. 31 to install street print on Barrie.
Article continues after ad
Division Street will otherwise be closed from Brock to Princess until mid-November and from Princess to Queen until late November. The intersections of Princess and Division and Division and Queen will remain open. The intersection of Division and Colborne will be closed until late November. Follow detour signage.
Other Road Closures
* Alfred Street will be closed from Elm to Princess until 5 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 29 for excavation to replace a sanitary sewer.
Expect delays this week on:
* King St. East from Barrie to West until the end of November as crews for Utilities Kingston replace an end-of-life watermain.
* Princess Street at Hillendale until the end of November due to lane reductions as Utilities Kingston replaces an end-of-life gas main.
* Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late October while crews install storm sewers.
* Highway 38 at Unity until early November while crews upgrade road and add turning lanes.
* Portsmouth Avenue from Old Quarry to John Counter until the end of the year for the installation of storm sewers and upgrade the road surface for the realignment of Portsmouth Avenue.
* John Counter Boulevard from Portsmouth to Indian Road until mid-November while crews install a watermain.
* Isle of Man Road will be down to one lane until Friday, Nov. 2 while crews replace a culvert.
Sidewalk and Pathway Disruptions
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction or work zones in these areas:
* Division Street from Brock to Colborne.
* Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: