Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Follow @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
La Salle Causeway Lane Closure
Public Services and Procurement Canada advises that Oct.1 to 10 there will be the following La Salle Causeway lane closures to allow for necessary inspections:
- Alternating lane closures from 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 9 to 6 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10.
Ministry of Transportation
- Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard expect periodic delays and lane closures between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until November to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
- Highway 15 at Highway 401 – expect alternating weeknight closures of the eastbound and westbound on and off ramps on Highway 401 near the Cataraqui River bridge 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. from Oct. 8 to 19.
Construction Road Closures
* Division Street from Barbara to Railway will be closed starting at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 12 to 11:30 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 14 while crews install a new water service for the new Fleet Maintenance Garage at 701 Division. Please note: There will be construction noise through the weekend as crews will be working day and night to minimize the impact on traffic.
* Division Street will be closed from Brock to Princess until mid-October. The intersection of Princess and Division will remain open.
* Division Street will be closed from Princess to Queen until late November. The intersection of Division and Queen will also be closed. Follow detour signage.
* The intersection of Division and Colborne streets will be closed until late November. Follow detour signage.
* Albert Street will be closed from Brock to Johnson on Wednesday, Oct. 10 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. to allow a tree to be removed using a crane.
Expect delays this week on:
* King St. East from Barrie to West until the end of November as crews for Utilities Kingston replace an end-of-life watermain.
* Princess Street at Hillendale until the end of November due to lane reductions as Utilities Kingston replaces an end-of-life gas main.
* Bath Road from Coverdale Drive to Collins Bay Road until mid-October to accommodate construction of a bikeway and multi-use waterfront path. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction.
* Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until mid-October while crews install storm sewers.
* Highway 38 at Unity until early November.
* Portsmouth Avenue from Old Quarry to John Counter until the end of the year for the installation of storm sewers and realignment of Portsmouth Avenue.
* Sand Hill Road from Highway 15 to Boundary until late October.
* Sunnyside Road from Mildred to Burbrook until late October.
* Lincoln Drive from Hudson to Bayridge until late October.
* King Street from Lower University to Albert until late October.
* Montreal Street from Hickson to Raglan until late October.
* Gardiners Road from Bath to Fortune until late October.
Sidewalk and Pathway Disruptions
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction or work zones in these areas:
* Division Street from Brock to Colborne.
* Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: