Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Follow @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
La Salle Causeway Lane Closure
Public Services and Procurement Canada advises that Oct.1 to 10 there will be the following La Salle Causeway lane closures to allow for necessary inspections:
- Alternating lane closures: from 9 a.m. Monday, Oct. 1 to 3 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5 AND from 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 9 to 6 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10.
- Intermittent full closures (including sidewalks): 7:30 to 9:40 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 1 and Tuesday, Oct. 2.
Ministry of Transportation
* Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard expect periodic delays and lane closures between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until November to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
* Highway 15 at Highway 401 – expect alternating week-night closures of the eastbound and westbound on and off ramps and east and west right-lane closures on Highway 401 near the Cataraqui River bridge 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. until Oct. 5.
* Sydenham Road at Highway 401 – expect eastbound off-ramp to be closed 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. week nights until Oct. 5.
Construction Road Closures
* Division Street will be closed from Brock to Princess until mid-October. The intersection of Princess and Division will remain open.
* Division Street will be closed from Princess to Queen until late November. The intersection of Division and Queen will also be closed. Follow detour signage.
* The intersection of Division and Colborne streets will be closed until late November. Follow detour signage.
* Barrie Street will reopen between Queen and Brock streets after paving has been completed on Friday, Sept. 28. The intersection of Barrie and Princess will be open to traffic. Use Clergy Street to detour.
Other Road Closures
* Boundary Road will be closed from Sand Hill to 6th Concession from 7 a.m. Monday, Oct. 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4 to allow City public works crews to replace a culvert.
* King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d’Armes from 4 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 4 to 3 a.m. Friday, Oct. 5 for the John Mellencamp concert.
Expect delays this week on:
* Midland Avenue immediately north of Cataraqui Woods from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1 to Thursday, Oct. 4 due to lane restrictions. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
* King St. East from Barrie to West until the end of November as crews for Utilities Kingston replace an end-of-life watermain.
* Princess Street at Hillendale until the end of November due to lane reductions as Utilities Kingston replaces an end-of-life gas main.
* Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until mid-October while crews install storm sewers.
* Highway 38 at Unity until early November.
* Portsmouth Avenue from Old Quarry to John Counter until the end of the year for the installation of storm sewers and realignment of Portsmouth Avenue.
* Sand Hill Road from Highway 15 to Boundary until late October.
* Sunnyside Road from Mildred to Burbrook until late October.
* Lincoln Drive from Hudson to Bayridge until late October.
* King Street from Lower University to Albert until late October.
* Montreal Street from Hickson to Raglan until late October.
* Gardiners Road from Bath to Fortune until late October.
Sidewalk and Pathway Disruptions
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction or work zones in these areas:
* Division Street from Brock to Colborne.
* Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: